I had a date tonight. Just a first meet, a coffee date. With a guy from pof. You know, it’s interesting the men I choose to actually meet in person. It’s like I don’t choose them at all, they just wear me down (That’s how I discovered BSM). This guy has been asking me out for about 3 weeks. I cancelled on him yesterday, and almost did it again tonight, but figured, why not? All in all, it was a nice meeting. He was polite, had some funny moments, he paid for my tea, asked me questions, and complimented me.
So, let me tell you the reasons I won’t be dating him.
1. He wore sweat pants. Sure, they were nice sweat pants, but come on! You can at least throw on some jeans to meet Amy Campbell!
2. He ordered and ate wings. This would be fine if we were on a wing-night date. But we weren’t. It was messy and he shoved the whole wing in his mouth and pulled it out. And he talked with his mouth full. However, he does get credit for immediately excusing himself from the table when he was finished to go wash his hands and clean his teeth.
3. Although I understood most of what he said, he had an accent and spoke in a low voice so I didn’t always catch what he was saying. I admit, there were a few times I was just smiling and nodding.
4. He went on waaayyyy too long about a story involving him working in Edmonton and his boss not paying him so he had to quit.
5. At the end of our 40-minute date, he walked me to my car and asked if he could sit in it with me for a few minutes before he went home. I said no.
On the otherhand, he is pretty good-looking and I suspect has a rockin’ bod under those sweatpants….